WOW! The patience you must have to do this with a child of 6. I have done this with my 11 year old niece and she becomes impatient at times. So happy to hear that this is an enjoyable hobby for you and your daughter.
The positive and meaningful changes crafting has brought to your family
I think the flower builds have the most meaning to my mom, my dad for a fathers day gift (Ocean Fisher) and to my older brother I got for his birthday (Rotating Barrel Machine Gun).
When my older sister passed away last June 3rd, things were difficult. One of my older sister’s last gift to my mother (bouquet of roses) matched with my gift of flowers. The build was AF01J, the Spring Time Bouquet. By the time I gave my flowers to my mother, the roses wilted away only leaving the vase left. The vase had pastel blue, pink and white. So now the spring bouquet is using my older sisters vase. I believe it’s at my parents room or on the memorial table.
Please hold your loved ones dear, check on them, send them a text , even a simple I love you :] ![]()
It is never easy losing siblings and their memory will never leave you. What a beautiful gift to your family to put the wooden flowers in the vase that your sister gifted her. It’s like a permanent memorial.
You have my condolences.
I am so sorry for your loss. It is lovely that your flowers still hold a special place on the memorial table.
That’s right ![]()
Thank you, it is indeed one of the best part of my year.
That’s so nice. Emotional balance. I agree! Slowing down gives us calming effect and shifts us to anti stress mode.
You are so sweet! We wanted to hear your story as well. Maybe next time or please feel free to share whenever you are ready. ![]()
Thank you, Nita! We are. ![]()
Very true. ![]()
That’s so cute! Sometimes building alone makes the experience even better—you get that quiet time for yourself and the satisfaction of figuring things out on your own. I’m glad your family appreciates your kits; that kind of support makes it even more rewarding.
Aw, I’m so glad you’ve found your person here in our community. Even if we have only a few friends, sometimes being alone and doing something you love can be truly satisfying. I hope you’re doing okay now—take care of yourself! ![]()
I’ll make sure to attend. I am excited for more meet ups with this community ![]()
That’s so sweet of you. I can just imagine your setup with your husband—peaceful evenings spent doing what you both love while supporting each other. I’m really happy it’s helped ease your stress.
Looking forward to that day.
Same with me. I love to meet new friends who have same interests and hobbies as mine.
Welcome to Robotime Community! ![]()
That’s such a beautiful way to put it. I really admire how you turned a difficult period into something creative and grounding. Miniatures have that special magic—they demand patience and focus, which naturally quiets the mind. And the sense of control you mentioned is so powerful; when life feels overwhelming, having something tangible to build piece by piece can restore balance. ![]()
By the way, welcome to Robotime community. I checked your IG, I love your upload and videos. Please keep on uploading ![]()
Aww, that’s adorable! You and your daughter are so cute together. My daughter also sees my kits as her own little dollhouse. Their imagination is truly surreal and beautiful, and I love how it brings so much joy to both of you. ![]()
Welcome to Robotime community, Rochelle. ![]()