đŸ©· Women’s Day Special đŸ©· - Win Nanci Plush Doll (Closed)

That’s such a touching story, thank you for sharing it. The way you’ve connected each build to your loved ones makes them so much more than just crafts—they’ve become symbols of care, memory, and love.

And your reminder is so important—holding our loved ones close, checking in, and saying “I love you” can mean more than we realize. Thank you for sharing that wisdom; it’s a gentle nudge we all need. :orange_heart:

I’ll see you soon! :slight_smile:

Aww thank you 
 I felt i needed something :grinning_face:and its helped very much 
.

Although in our family (which consists of me, my boyfriend, and our cat) I’m the only one who assembles Robotime puzzles, this hobby has made our home cozier and more creative. The finished models decorate our interior, create a warm atmosphere, and bring joy to all of us. The process itself helps me relax and recharge, which positively affects not only me but our whole little family as well.

I’ve been creating since childhood, back then it looked much funnier. My mom used to give me fabric scraps, and I would sew clothes for my dolls. When I found abandoned objects outside, I would turn them into tiny rooms. Unfortunately, nothing physical from those times has survived, but the memories will always warm me and my loved ones.

I would also like to express my big love for Nanci. This collection inspired me so much that I created a series of pixel art featuring them. (You may have already seen them somewhere in the communityđŸ€—)

1000095838

1000095279

1000095840

1000095327

1000095839

1000095023

Awww
such warm memories. I am so happy you are here to share your amazing art with us @old_arcture

I’m happy to be here, and connect with this warm community, who become for me like a true family :white_heart::two_hearts:

I ‘ll do it, thank you :pink_heart:

I discovered Robo time about 4 years ago and have lost count of how many I have completed. I have a designated area in my office that I use to construct the models and honestly being able to have a little time to myself to do the models has been a very welcome respite from my very stressful life. Definitely cheaper than therapy and at the end you have something tangible to show off to visitors. I have gifted a number of friends and family with sets to build and I made them “construction addicts” as well. My daughter in law has really appreciated the sets I have given her and as a new Mum it means a bit of “mummy time” allowing her to relax a little from the rigours of caring for a newborn. I am so grateful for the beautiful sets available and cherish the precious and therapeutic time I can immerse myself into making them. My daughter is also an Art Therapist and incorporates some of the smaller sets into her therapy sessions which her clients love! Keep up the awesome work! Just one shelf of 6 with completed work.

I’ve spoken about the health challenges faced by both of my octogenarian parents this past year, but particularly with my mother, who was diagnosed with breast cancer. We are so lucky to live by a renowned cancer hospital, and their treatment programs are top notch.

One of the best benefits of being a patient (or a patient caregiver) at this hospital are the extensive mental health, mindfulness and counseling programs. They have music, exercise, meditation and
CRAFTS!

My mom is not a crafter, or even into art all that much (she loves to write poetry), but she’s signed us both up for every craft Zoom class they have held. It’s given us a monthly time together for a few hours when we sit at a table together and work on a project without stress or without cancer as the focus. This time has been precious
we have the peaceful presence of each other, combined with the mindfulness of crafting.

This week, we created paper Valentine flowers from a kit sent by the hospital! I hope they’ll consider Robotime kits in the future, and I’ll suggest it to them! :blush:

Above all, I’m grateful that hospitals and health care organizations are realizing and supporting the creative arts as essential parts of patient wellness and therapy, especially for the stresses of diseases like cancer. :pink_heart::pink_heart:

Oh you’re so lucky to have an art therapist in the family! In another life, that’s what I wanted to do. What a wonderful service profession! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I started making Robotime kits, no one around me knew about this hobby. Over the past year, I’ve introduced my loved ones to Robotime and given them several kits. Meanwhile, my nephew, niece, and father are also very interested in making Robotime kits. Because they live far away, I can’t actually build them together, but we share a lot through photos.



Even my 3-year-old daughter can now help me build them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She really enjoys it, and it’s a very relaxing activity to do together.

Crafting has brought such positive and meaningful changes to my family. It’s been a gentle but powerful way of helping in recovery, supporting better mental health, and creating space to slow down and rest. Through it, we’ve been able to recharge, reconnect with each other, and rediscover creativity, calm, and joy in the little moments. It’s become more than a hobby — it’s something that’s truly helped us heal and grow together.:green_heart:

The beauty of each kit, combined with the effort we put into building them, truly deserves a place in our home. They don’t just make the space cozy—they make it meaningful too. Hehe.

Indeed, being here truly feels like family. I love and deeply appreciate this community!

I agree! This really feels like therapy—only way cheaper. Hahaha, that explains a lot. It’s amazing how so many of us in the community share the same feeling about these kits.

By the way, welcome to the community. :orange_heart:

Aw, that’s wonderful. It shows that the hospital isn’t just focused on medical science, but also on the people around them—truly considering what can help patients most. That kind of empathy makes such a difference. I’m so glad you found that hospital.

Your family is so beautiful—such cuties! And it’s wonderful that even though you’re far away from them, you still have something you truly enjoy. Lovely!

That’s such a heartfelt reflection. I really admire how you’ve shown that crafting can be more than just a pastime—it becomes a source of healing, connection, and renewal.

My Robotime crafting journey started in January 2025, and though my family and I don’t share the same hobby, it still helps us come together in different ways. My husband likes to game, and my daughter likes to colour, so often we are sitting at the dining room table together partaking in our own hobbies while still spending time together. Here’s a picture of my daughter and I last weekend! (Excuse the bed head and jammies, it was pyjama crafting day! :rofl:)

Building has helped me be more present with my family when immersed in a hobby, it is easier to talk and be there when building than it is while gaming or reading.

When my daughter gets a little older I’m hoping to share my love of building with her, she is always excited to see my new builds, and watch me build. I have a Hello Kitty kit stashed away for when she’s ready to start building in a couple of years! :rofl::rofl: