Hi @Jo1
Similar situation here. Both my children are grown and doing their thing. I retired almost a year ago. I took a bedroom over and created a craft room. I started back with my scrapbooking and added a Cricut to my collection which opened up a ton of additional crafts. And then I came into these. enough said!
My family only seems to enjoy the finished product! But I am ok with that. They support my craft and they see how much I enjoy the process. It brings me so much peace, relaxation, and joy!
@morthewan Welcome! I am glad you have found joy with this! Hoping to hear more from you and what you have created!
Welcome @LiaBagel20
Please feel free to share what you have built.
@jeanneL i’m a reader also, i always read a bit before going to bed, it helps me relax and going straight to bed after watching tv is not for me, i’m a difficult sleeper for many years, never have a night where it sleep a straight night, i wake up 3 or 4 times every night, this is one hell of a problem
I have an ipad which I load books on to. I will place that in a plastic bag and read in tub. May be reading these posts or one of my books!
@jeanneL I have a tablet and a e-reader to read on, e-books are often cheaper than paper books, I mostly read on e-reader these days, often I buy a paper book still
I dont know what you prefer to read. Sometimes I just like thoughtless novels. Anyway, I am unsure if available by you but I use Bookbub.com
They email me everyday. ebooks are anywhere from Free to 4.99 USD
and you can download onto your kindle or whatever. Most of mine are free.
Take a look!
@jeanneL i have a subscription (Kobo+) to read e books for 12 euro’s a month that I share with my daughter, we can read many books for free with that monthly subscription
I love how building of DIY kits brings the members of the family closer.
Even at young age, your children already made a kit and share the same hobby as you. It’s lovely. ![]()
OMG your smiskis are so cute inside the Cake Shop kit. I love it and yes, you’re right. Building crafts make us connect to other people even on strangers and become friends. ![]()
Those are beautiful and cute kits.
Yes, I agree with you. It brings family closer. ![]()
@jeanneL I done the same as you i felt lost ! Ive got lots on the go ! It keeps my mind active ! And I dont clean the house every day now ! ![]()
![]()
my second room is my sanctuary lol x
So true. I never thought I would enjoy crafting now that I’m a mom. Now, I am struggling where to put all our creations in our home ![]()
![]()
love how your crafting hobby started out as something personal, and over time it drew your family in too. It’s amazing to see how curiosity turned into fascination, and eventually into full support.
I love to see my great niece put away her tablet as well for a bit of crafting with me. So fun to watch them actually build something with their own hands. I hope you will share your kits here in the community. @Mia25
That’s lovely @jeanneL . Some time the more we give the more we gain isn’t it! ![]()
That is awesome! I read like crazy!
Hello @Mia25
I think anything to get them off the tablets! But wonderful that this craft attracts them! I think it motivates and stimulates interactions and creativity! Wonderful that you do this!
At least you are being productive! Although I most likely would encourage you to settle I understand. My son is similar