Yes, I agree with you.
Building a kit makes you escape the reality even in a short period of time and gives you a relaxation. It’s cute that even at 2 yrs. old, he’s already fascinated by the beauty of the miniatures.
So, may I ask how ‘old’ you are? I did my first kit at age 60. I LOVE this hobby. It’s so great to hear that you have the support and enthusiasm from your family @olivertruong1511
You’re welcome @Tkaplan
Aw that’s cute and it’s great to know that building a miniature kit together brings families closer to each other. ![]()
Crafting has brought such positive and meaningful changes to our family life. Building Robotime kits started as my own little escape — a new form of relaxation from the daily chores and busy routines. It became my quiet moment to slow down, focus, and create something beautiful with my hands.
But what makes it even more special is how it naturally turned into a family bonding activity. My husband and daughter began building their own kits too, and suddenly our dining table was filled with tiny pieces, shared laughter, and teamwork.
It’s amazing how creating isn’t limited to a specific generation. It connects all ages. It brings us together, encourages patience and creativity, and gives us something we can proudly say we built side by side.
More than just a hobby, it has become a meaningful way for our family to unwind, connect, and grow together.
That’s such a thoughtful reflection.
It’s amazing how crafting can start as a solo passion and then grow into something that connects you with others. I really admire how you’ve embraced the community aspect—it takes courage to step out of that “solo zone” and encourage others, but it sounds like it’s made the experience even more rewarding.
I’m 34 now. I just started this hobby last year..
I mean, my parents feel I’m still too much of a party animal. They think I should be focusing on my career or marriage :)))
Crafting has brought so much warmth and intention into my life and relationships.
What started as a quiet hobby — building book nooks, coloring, and creating tiny worlds — became a way for me to slow down and be present.
Some of my favorite moments are crafting beside my fiancé, sharing progress, laughing over tiny pieces, and celebrating the finished glow together. It’s not just about the final project — it’s about the calm conversations, the peaceful companionship, and the feeling of creating something meaningful with love.
Crafting has truly created a cozy corner in my life where creativity, connection, and mindfulness all meet. ![]()
That’s funny. My son , who has done quite a few of these is now 35. Still a party animal but he started them during Covid. This how I discovered them at 60…LOL! Two years I and about 110 models done now @olivertruong1511
I love your story and I love seeing it unfold here. The bond you’ve created with your family through these models is unbreakable. It is heartwarming to watch @Jill_Francisco
Awwww…you described the feelings so perfectly. I am happy that you found that certain someone to experience these moments with.
Awww thank you Nita for your kind words.
I am thankful to this community because I get to meet supportive and kind people like you ![]()
Conocí Rolife en 2019 en mi primer viaje a Japón, aquí en España era difícil encontrar dioramas para montar. Y allí encontré una tienda enorme con todos los productos de Rolife, de siempre me han encantado las manualidades, pero las miniaturas están a otro nivel. Es emocionante de principio a fin montarlas, además desconecto cada vez que estoy con cada montaje ya que solo me centro en montarlo y es una manera estupenda de desconectar del día a día. Además de lo gratificante que es verlo una vez acabado y darle al botón de la luz.
![]()
I think most or some of the asian parents think like that. Maybe because of how they were used to
I couldn’t agree more with this. Crafting really does bring warmth and intention into life—it’s not just about the finished project, but the calm, mindful process and the connections it creates along the way.
Aww. That’s so beautiful to hear!
It’s amazing how something as simple as crafting can transform into beautiful bonding.
My passion for this hobby has helped me the most. It helped me understand many things and has helped me in many moments. And it made me discover my great passion for miniatures. But it also helped me connect with my little cousin, who in those moments put away her tablet games and dedicated herself to this fantastic hobby with me. And for this I’m truly happy.![]()
That’s wonderful. I love how your passion for miniatures has not only given you personal joy but also created such a meaningful bond with your cousin.
Your last words especially really rang true! I do not really have any one building with me but I have a few I have gifted. I have tried to find something that would be a connection, something that person loves, and used that as a theme. I believe the ones I have gifted were much appreciated. This brings immense joy to my heart!
Its amazing how the little things we do can make or break marriage. I am so very happy that this has brought you closer together! You both have built beautiful kits! I enjoy reading and I love when he helps by fixing something for you along with his own builds!