The wonders of....UV glue

I’ve seen some other posts regarding using UV glue for wire work, but I recently took that a step further. I’ve been working on a 1950’s Diner and there is a 57 Chevy that is on the back wall that lights up. So I needed to insert a strand of fairy lights around the inside edges of that car. It would have taken a long time to hold them in place and wait for them to dry. The light bulbs needed to be placed strategically which meant that the wire in between bulbs needed to twist or curve out of the way. I had the thought that UV glue would be fast and easy peasy, so that’s what I did…and it worked so awesome! Take a look at the results…





Super cool affect!

14 Likes

Excellent job! I have heard and seen a lot of people mention this glue. So, when you buy it, does it come with a little UV light for drying it properly?

1 Like

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I didn’t know about this UV glue; it’s amazing, it’s completely invisible.

1 Like

The saying sounds better in Spanish.

“A grandes males, grandes remedios”

1 Like

I love your progress!

1 Like

Wow! The UV glue is so neat to use. There is no visible glue on the wires. :open_mouth: Is the light that you’re using for drying the glue is also included when you buy a UV glue?

1 Like

The one I bought did. It came in a metal case with the light and three glue tubes

1 Like

@Sasa yes it is and only takes a few seconds to set.

1 Like

@serenebliss_23 it came in the kit I bought but I don’t know about other brands.

1 Like

@Tkaplan absolutely fab ! It looks amazing ! :smiley::grinning_face::smiley:

1 Like

Very nice! Good thinking on using UV for this part. I only use tape for it :sweat_smile: maybe it’s time for me to buy some UV glue. It sounds handy when building.

2 Likes

You are becoming UV pro!

1 Like

Do good to see the progress.

1 Like

I agree. Super cool! And a super smart move :slight_smile:

1 Like

You did great job. UV glue is really useful right now.

1 Like

Great work!!

@Tkaplan tell me more about the UV glue. It sounds very interesting.

1 Like

@Jill_Francisco you won’t regret it if you buy one. The one I got was pretty cheap.

1 Like

@Lucia_Anderson it’s pretty awesome and easy to use. It has a tiny tip so you can put a dab of the glue where you need it, then shine the light on it for a few seconds and voila! I got it on Amazon. Bondic Pro UV resin kit.

2 Likes

Welcome to the dark side (well, the UV-lit side)! :joy: I’m a huge advocate for UV resin glue too. It’s a total game-changer for wires, but I also love using it to make tiny ‘water’ spills, put colored drinks inside tiny cups, or to give a glassy finish to miniature picture frames. For those interested on trying it for the first time, just a friendly reminder to definitely wear gloves and work in a ventilated space! :gloves: UV resin can be a bit “spicy” on the skin and some people develop allergies to it over time, so safety first! That Chevy looks like it’s ready to drive right off the wall! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::hammer_and_wrench:

1 Like

@Tkaplan fantastic. Thanks for the info. I believe I will be adding this UV glue to my tools.

1 Like