Thank you so much! ![]()
That means the world to me. I really wanted to create something that felt like me, so hearing you’d happily display it in your own home is such a wonderful compliment. ![]()
![]()
Thank you so much! ![]()
It really became my little Ugly Duckling story.
It started out as the build I was least happy with, but by embracing the imperfections and making it my own, it ended up becoming one of my favorite projects. ![]()
![]()
Thank you! I came straight to the comments and checked first because I wanted to ask! What paint did you use for the beautiful final effect? Is it an acrylic, with the watercolour brush that you fill with water?
I don’t have that one but I think it could be fun to do.
Well I’ve written a hole book for you now
It’s my passion, so I love sharing my experience and learning:
Thank you! ![]()
I’m so happy you asked!
I started by painting the flowers with a hobby acrylic paint. I actually prefer acrylic paints made for hobby and DIY projects over artist acrylics because I find they usually have better coverage and a consistency that works really well on miniatures.
For the final shading, I experimented with quite a few different techniques. I first tried thinning acrylic paint with water, and I also tried using an acrylic paint marker blended with water, but I wasn’t completely happy with the colors. Then I experimented with soft pastels, brushing them onto the petals, but I found the coverage wasn’t quite what I was looking for.
In the end, I used a Tombow Dual Brush Pen. It’s a watercolor brush pen with the color already inside, and because it’s transparent, I could blend it beautifully with water to create soft watercolor-style shading. It gave me exactly the gentle effect I was hoping for! ![]()
![]()
![]()
I just bought it, with no plans on my mind. But now I start planning something ![]()
Oh it’s so pretty
. Such a nice job!
Thank you so much ![]()
![]()
You did such a beautiful job! I love the soft vintage colors and butterflies ![]()
You’re most welcome! It looks absolutely stunning ![]()
![]()
Thank you so much! ![]()
I’m so glad you like it! The butterflies were a last-minute addition, but they ended up becoming one of my favorite details.
Thank you so much ![]()
You’re most welcome! ![]()
I feel like rowood flowers are the best when it comes to customization?? specially for people who lack inspiration and don’t have that artistic eye, too afraid of messing up their kits (I am people, people are me), on that note painting the petals pink was the move I absolutely love your version to the original to be honest and the butterflies and the fake leaves were the cherry on top!!
This one wonderful customization for sure <<<3333
If you are a beginner in customizing, the Rowood is absolutely great because the prize is cheap. The wood is absolutely thirsty so I recommend to prime it first. But use your favourite colors, and just enjoy the road. What you are making is your own personal project ![]()
Thank you so much for your nice words
The butterflies add a graceful elegance.
The vintage color palette ends up giving a project even more character
They totally complete the whole look ![]()
Thank you. I love butterflies, don’t think it will be the last time I will add some into my kits
Thank you so much ![]()
![]()