Making a start on the lotus

I had half an hour free, and made a start on the lotus flower kit.

It starts with petals, and while initially I was worried that I would end up breaking them (I have a track record…), they all survived intact!

I did end up with a casualty that I didn’t expect - a bracing piece splintered :disappointed_face:. I couldn’t even tell you how it happened.

Fortunately it’s not noticeable once everything is assembled.

There was a real risk that I’d get mixed up with pieces a-g, but Robotime foresaw that I wouldn’t remember which was which, and numbered the parts to correspond with the slots where they belong.

I’m happy with how it’s coming along! I should have a bit more time to finish it this evening or tomorrow.

10 Likes

the flower is beautiful

1 Like

@Melinda coming along nicely! I haven’t done a flower kit yet but I do enjoy looking at them

1 Like

So pretty. Can’t wait to see the final outcome :blush:

Thank you so much, it really is! I think it is well designed.

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement! The flower kits are a fairly quick build unless one customises them, which I’ve not done here. You might enjoy doing one as a palate cleanser between your usual challenging projects one day :blush:

2 Likes

@Melinda good idea. I hadn’t thought of it that way before!

1 Like

It does help - I started today because I’m in the middle of a Cutebee kit that I’m just not enjoying as much as I’d thought I would, and needed a break.

1 Like

Même avec mille précautions…ils cassent . Heureusement, en les collant ça se voit pas.

1 Like

It’s looking great so far. Well done!

2 Likes

the flower is beautiful. Thank for share

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind encouragement :folded_hands:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been quite straightforward, I really appreciate how clearly labelled everything is.

1 Like

Thank you, you are very welcome :blush:

Now this deserves a big cheer. Congratulations on not breaking any flexi parts.

And for the splinter…lets put that down to poor quality ply.

a man in a blue jersey with the word dhl on the back of it

@Melinda its looking stunning hun ! You have to be so careful with these flowers i made a rose for my mum i tried so hard not to break a pieice but nope but it still looked lovley :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

Thank you so much, I feel thoroughly cheered on!

I was so focused on not breaking the bendy bits that the little fragment flaking off caught me completely by surprise. Yes, let’s call it a quality problem. :grin:

1 Like

Very pretty @Melinda :lotus:

1 Like

Thank you so much, it’s a lovely design :blush:

1 Like

It’s looking so pretty, splintering just can’t be avoided, but as long as it isn’t visible it’s great

1 Like