Sometimes the best ideas come from happy little accidents. 🌸🦋

When I first started this Rowood Camellia, I honestly wasn’t enjoying it.

I’m a little too impatient, a little too heavy-handed… and yes, I broke quite a few petals along the way. :sweat_smile: Super glue became my best friend, and I wasn’t sure these flowers would ever turn out the way I had imagined.

So instead of trying to hide the imperfections, I decided to embrace them.

I painted the flowers in soft vintage shades, added more depth to the pastel colors, gave the leaves a weathered look, covered the pot with romantic floral paper, and finished everything with a few delicate butterflies.

The colors changed in the process. Less sage, more darker green.

Somewhere along the way, this stopped being a “rescue mission” and became a project that truly felt like me. :heart:

Some of my process:

19 Likes

This is so Pretty. Your changes make it perfect. I love the shading in petals and the addition of the paper to the pot is a great choice. :+1:t6:

1 Like

this turned out so beautiful :face_holding_back_tears: I love how you embraced the imperfections and made it your own. the shade of pink and green matches perfectly :pink_heart:

1 Like

This came out so pretty and I love your addition of butterflies.

1 Like

I absolutely love how you turned the unexpected into something uniquely yours. :two_hearts: Sometimes the best customizations come from happy accidents, and your vintage color palette, weathered leaves, and floral pot make these camellias feel even more charming. They have so much personality now, and the butterflies are the perfect finishing touch!

2 Likes

Aww, thank you so much! :face_holding_back_tears::two_hearts: That really means a lot. I wanted the flowers to have a soft, romantic vintage look, so I’m really happy you noticed the shading.

2 Likes

Aww, thank you so much. :heart: I’m so happy you like the pink and green together—they’re exactly the soft, romantic colors I was hoping for.

1 Like

You nailed it :face_holding_back_tears::two_hearts: the pink and green really give off that soft, romantic vibe. It turned out exactly how you envisioned it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts: The butterflies were my favorite finishing touch. I think they added a little extra charm and completed the romantic vintage look I was going for.

1 Like

Definitely a romantic vintage look. Very nice.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :face_holding_back_tears::two_hearts: That’s such a lovely compliment. What started as a way to fix a few mistakes ended up becoming one of my favorite customizations. I’m so happy you like the butterflies too—they were my finishing touch. I literally ran to the craft store to buy them when the idea came in my head haha.

2 Likes

Those butterflies are really lovely and perfect. Great job! @Tinybysiw :heart:

1 Like

@Tinybysiw these are both so.pretty you have done great embracing the imperfections well done ! :heart::cherry_blossom::heart:

1 Like

The butterflies elevated the kit! It is so pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So beautiful, the butterflies are the perfect touch.

1 Like

Omg this is beautiful!! I love the color and the butterflies you added are so cute :blush::pink_heart:

1 Like

Well said! :rofl: Sometimes, even chaos can accidentally cook up something beautiful. :sparkles:

1 Like

I also loved the choice of your colors :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

This turned out beautiful @Tinybysiw. Love how you embraced the process and made it completely your own!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heart: That’s exactly the look I was hoping for!

1 Like