Making a start on Autumn Sunshine Town

Thank you so much, Jo! Every step has been a chance to learn something new - sometimes about the hobby, sometimes about my own limitations and impatience :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much - as soon as I saw what was in the customisation kits, I saw this material on the background tree, and I’m determined to realise my vision! I just hope I can achieve it without making a mess of the kit :sweat_smile:

Thank you Vangie, you’re so kind :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Yes it is! I’ve always loved the kind of golden afternoon feeling of Sunshine Town, and as soon as I saw the post about the competition I just knew it was made for Autumn!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Anje!

Thank you so much, Sue - seeing how you and other community members have customised kits really inspired me to try some new approaches!

3 Likes

Does that look like seaweed or is it just me? Lol

2 Likes

Different(brush) strokes for different folks…I say.:blush:

2 Likes

Ohhhhh, now I can see it - it’s like coral! Maybe I need to try the trick someone else shared about snipping the pieces finer…

Well, for the first round of edges, I found it more efficient to smooth the paint on with my finger! I’m actually preferring the finish on those pieces, if I’m honest…

Coral! That’s the word I was looking for !

1 Like

I can’t unsee it now!

I wonder whether I need to hit up Temu for some paper maple leaves and go old school with those…

I don’t know why I couldn’t think of that word but yes that’s what it looks like with all the different colors lol

1 Like

You’re very welcome, @Melinda

1 Like

The finger finish..or the raw edges?

1 Like

great effect ! good luck

1 Like

With my finger I was able to apply the paint in a thicker and more even coat, so I found that better than the tiny brush. But the brush got into the corners much better. So it still has its place.

Some progress are amazing :blush: we cant wait to the finish product yaaah.

1 Like

As a painter, I am happy to hear that you are not afraid to get paint on your fingers.. I am all out of love for the next 4 hours and I need to go to bed but this makes me very happy to hear and yes a brush does serve its purpose.:blush:

2 Likes

Thank your so much, Trisha! :blush: :folded_hands::heart:

1 Like