Making a start on Autumn Sunshine Town

I’ve made a start on turning Sunshine Town into a cosy Autumn scene this evening! Painting edges is tedious, but I’ve put together some little bits and pieces while waiting for it all to dry.

I’ve also experimented with making fluffy leaves. While I kind of like the idea of having the green as the background for the orange and red, I’m leaning more towards priming and painting the leaves orange for a better effect, and mixing the fluffy stuff with glue to mould it into shape.

I added some colour to the flowers that go on the cafe table, but I’m not loving the green stamen. I’ve got some from my mini Greenhouse garden that I think will work better. Maybe with just plain orange for those.

So I just wanted to share a little progress update, as I have so enjoyed seeing all of yours. :blush:

11 Likes

Nice post. I love it. Thank for share

1 Like

Thank you for your encouragement :yellow_heart::folded_hands:

You are my welcome. :grinning_face:

1 Like

I love the autumn colours you’re adding, and the fluffy leaves are such a clever idea. I think painting them orange will look lovely, especially with the red and orange tones throughout the scene. Can’t wait to see how it all comes together! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :folded_hands::yellow_heart: I’ve never used fluff quite like this before, it’s like shredded sponge or netting, so there is a little bit of trial and error for me in figuring it out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Melinda such intricate work!! I know you’ll do great!!

1 Like

Thank you so much :folded_hands::face_holding_back_tears:.

1 Like

You’re welcome! That sounds like such an interesting material to work with, and I can definitely see how it would take a little experimenting to get used to. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it quickly, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :heart:

1 Like

Since you have flowers together, can you just use markers and repaint! The petals look so good.

1 Like

I know that your priming and painting of the edges will pay off in the end. This is looing great so far.

1 Like

@Melinda those flowers look so so pretty … i look forward to your progress :blush:

1 Like

I love the fluffy leaves idea, and the little cafe flowers are such a sweet touch. Can’t wait to see the finished scene! :orange_heart:

1 Like

Love this!!! Every little detail speaks volumes

1 Like

Oh, is this the kit you’re going to use for the autumn contest? That’s awesome!

1 Like

That’s really nice! Good luck with your custom! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re making a great start Melinda. I like the painting on your tree.

2 Likes

It has been a bit unusual! It’s stiff and springy, which makes a lovely fluffy leaf pile, but is surprisingly resistant to being glued down :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I considered that, but found that the markers I have aren’t the best for the plastic inside. I had way too many with yellow hearts from the Fountain Greenhouse kit, and it didn’t take long to make up a few more flowers, so it’s all worked out okay. They look nice with the yellow inside!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Nita :folded_hands: :heart: . I invested in some bigger brushes to help with painting because the one that came in the kit is the most delicate brush I’ve ever seen! Perfect for details, but I figured that I needed a thicker brush for the edges.

1 Like