🩷 Women’s Day Special 🩷 - Win Nanci Plush Doll (Closed)

Crafting has become something really special in my family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

It connects me deeply with my grandma Olimpia, she absolutely loves DIY miniatures, but she can’t really build them herself anymore, so I build them for her and gift them to her. Seeing her reaction and sharing those moments means everything to me.

It’s also brought me closer to my sister. She started “just trying one”… and now she comes over to my house to build miniatures with me, she even helped assemble my Hello Kitty supermarket. It’s become our little ritual, and I cherish it so much :heart_eyes:

The Table Between Us

It began with a table cleared at dusk,
phones turned face down,
the clock still ticking
but somehow softer.

A box opened.
Wood, thread, glue,
small deliberate pieces
waiting for patient hands.

And something shifted.

We did not announce it—
no grand declaration of togetherness—
just chairs drawn closer,
shoulders nearly touching,
the quiet grammar of passing tools.

“Hold this steady.”
“Does this fit here?”
Simple questions,
but underneath them
ran other conversations—
about school days long past,
about work,
about memories that surfaced
like knots in the grain.

Time loosened its grip.
An hour did not feel borrowed;
it felt owned.

The youngest asked why the edges
were sanded smooth.
The oldest explained how things endure
when you take your time.
Hands decades apart
moved in the same rhythm.

Sometimes we spoke.
Sometimes we didn’t.
And the silence was not empty—
it was full,
like a room warmed by light
no one noticed turning on.

Craft became more than making.
It was the bridge between generations,
the shared breath before the next step,
the lesson passed without a lecture.

In the corner of daily life—
between dinner and sleep,
between deadlines and distractions—
a small peace was built.

Not only in wood or thread,
but in us.

And when the piece was finished,
what remained on the table
was not just what we made—

it was the time
we chose
to keep.

Beautiful! :smiling_cat_with_heart_eyes:

That’s a beautiful creation. @Gayatri_23 . I hope you will share more of your crafts here in the community.

You have so many wonderful talents, Peter! Did you write this poem as well? @Terranoir123

It is a wonderful feeling when these bring us closer to our loved ones. AS always, thanks for sharing, Wendy.

Yes, I do share in your sentiments. My housework has taken a seat behind my puzzling. One turned into well over 100. You have some nice models waiting for you. Enjoy! Welcome to the community @tina_reynolds

It’s nice that you both have similar hobbies to enjoy together @Nancy61

I love it that your special girl can offer her talents in such an amazing enjoyable way so that you share in the making of these models.

That’s truly heartwarming. Crafting becomes so much more meaningful when it’s tied to family and love. The way you build miniatures for your grandma is such a beautiful gesture—it’s not just about the craft itself, but the joy and connection it brings. Her reactions must be priceless, and those shared moments are memories that will stay with you forever.

And by the way, you’re grandma is soooo cute! :heart_eyes:

Wow, I love how you wrote this

Thank you for everything. It truly means a lot to me.

What a lovely memory to have. I can remember attempting to make Barbie clothes when I was younger. I’ve always loved craft of some kind so I understand you. It is always nice to have the things you’ve made in your living areas. It certainly makes the place feel a little cosier.

For me, my rolife crafting time brings moments of peace to my hectic and often stressful work as a high school teacher.

No one else in my family builds the miniature kits that I love, but theydo get a calmer, happier me as a result of the time that I spend quietly building and relaxing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Pickle likes to come and build with me, but shes not always helpful :sweat_smile:

This is lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Rolife brings my family a new way to connect. As we are grown adults, we don’t see each other very often. This is a wonderful way to spend hours with my mom, sisters, and their kids. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:On weekdays, it gives me time for myself and to just be me. Otherwise, with the house tasks, I don’t take much time for myself. Rolife makes me want to.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Pickle looks like ‘mischief’ is her middle name. Smudge likes to perch on the back of the lounge chair behind me when I’m working and only interrupts if she wants a pat.

Thank you!! I’m glad to be part of such a beautiful community!!

Thank you! They were a lot of fun to build!