Today is a very sad day for Norway. Our beloved King Harald passed away today. 🇳🇴❤️

Today I made this little Rowood rose, inspired by my visit to the Royal Palace earlier today, where I laid down roses for our King Harald that sadly passed away this morning.

Norway is a small country, and we have a very special relationship with our Royal Family. King Harald was deeply loved by the Norwegian people, not only as our King, but as the warm, humble and compassionate person he was.

He was a strong voice for diversity, inclusion, human rights and respect for everyone. He spoke openly about mental health and suicide, and reminded us of the importance of taking care of each other.

One thing I have always admired about him was the way he spoke about people who struggle in life. He didn’t want us to call them “the weakest in society”, but rather reminded us that they can be some of the strongest among us.

And somehow, this little Rowood rose felt like the perfect thing to make today. :rose::heart:

I didn’t plan to customize it, but it itches in my fingers to do some paint work :face_with_hand_over_mouth::speak_no_evil_monkey:

6 Likes

This is such a beautiful and meaningful tribute. The Rowood rose feels especially fitting given the reason you made it today. I love that you turned a quiet crafting moment into something so personal and heartfelt. And I can already tell that little rose is going to get some paint eventually!

1 Like

My deepest condolences to everyone mourning his passing.:rose: The Rowood rose is such a lovely way to remember King Harald and honor the significance of your visit to the Royal Palace.

1 Like

Awh this was so meaningful, i heard about this a few hours ago and i had no idea who he was. Im glad you were able to remember him by a special kit

1 Like

Thank you so much, for your nice words :heart:

Yes, I just had to run and buy it and make it. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

No we are such a tiny country :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so I understand that you didn’t know who he was. :heart:

I am very sorry to hear that your country is mourning the loss of someone who sounds to have been a remarkable individual. May you find peace and comfort soon. If your fingers are itching to do that special touch, you need to answer the call and do so.

1 Like

You are welcome. @Tinybysiw :heart:

1 Like

@Tinybysiw im just watching the bbc news on this its so sad . but what a lovely tribute to leave with all the beautiful flowers x

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart: Yes, planning to paint it, just make a final decision about the colors :sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

Yes, it so sad when a beautiful person with the best personality leaves us. We can’t Get enough of them :heart:

How sad, so sorry to hear. What a beautiful tribute.

1 Like

@Tinybysiw i hope tthe son is a good king hun just like his farther was :heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

His son is an amazing man, he will be a great king as well :heart:

What a beautiful tribute to your dear departed King. My condolences for the loss to your country.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kindness and support :heart:

Oh, wow! What beautiful roses!

1 Like

oh nice flowers. thank for share

1 Like