Sorry I've been quiet! Here's what I've been up to:

It really has been pretty quiet here, and I haven’t been helping that much! Between nearing the end of Polka season and my birthday, last week was so busy that I just didn’t have time to post.

I got to celebrate with some presents from my loved ones. My roommate (who is like my & my spouse’s adopted sibling) is big into Legos, and he gifted me with this magnificent creature: the Lego Ideas Tuxedo Cat. It’s so beautiful. I think it took me somewhere between 6-8hrs to finish it. Madame Evie for scale.

My mom got me this off-brand “Lego” Eevee 2nd hand - she was late to my birthday party because she spent an hour taking it apart LOL. I somehow ended up with both missing and spare pieces when I completed it, though, so I’m a little bamboozled. Regardless, she’s functional and exists on my Pokémon shelf next to her plushie counterpart. I’ve always been a big Pokémon fan and Eevee is probably my favorite Poké, so it’s only appropriate. (plus it’s like a trans icon, so :light_blue_heart::white_heart::pink_heart:)

I finished one of the small kits my sweetheart gifted me (the new Potion Corner) - just neglected to take any pictures of the process or finished product 'til today :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

But ALAS. I added a frame that I didn’t use from a different kit for one of the pictures, on top of the cabinet. I didn’t like them on the cabinet blocking the pretty woodwork or keeping the door from opening, so one got framed and one got knocked onto the floor by this pesky black kitty. For some reason, cats always love rolling around on important papers… I also changed out some of the foliage to add some variety. plus lots of greens, added a real Fluorite crystal, some highlights with a gold paint pen, and cleaned up some edges with a black paint pen. nothing too crazy, since I really love the base kit.

Lastly, yesterday I started on this Floral Corner Booknook that my sweetheart also gifted me, but a couple of days after the first gifts so I never made a post about it :rofl: (he also gifted me the A-Frame Cabin which is 200% dream house vibes for the two of us, so I’m very excited for this one - just waiting 'til after fall :fallen_leaf:). He picked this one out from outside the list I gave him because 1. none of the larger ones on my list were ones he could find locally (I guess? silly boy); and 2. he thought I’d like it, so I actually love that the choice has his fingerprints all over it. Plus, as I’m putting it together, it’s way cuter than the pictures make it out to be so I’m very pleased with the aesthetic. Always love a kitty cat. Flowers are awesome :rose:

(peep at Miss Evie in the background :heart:)

I have one last project that I’ve finished that I haven’t shared with you yet, and that’s because 1. it’s not close enough to Halloween, and 2. I need to correct my LED situation… I’ll explain when I finally post about the kit, but suffice it to say I made some incorrect voltage choices and need to add some resistors :sweat_smile: once that’s fixed, though, this bad boy will be good to go!

Happy October, y’all! :jack_o_lantern: :ear_of_corn: :ghost:

10 Likes

Such a fun birthday update! :partying_face: Madame Evie next to the Tuxedo Cat is adorable, and your Floral Corner customization looks amazing! Hope you fix those LEDs soon, excited for the next reveal!

1 Like

It sounds like you have had a very busy schedule. I’m happy to hear that your birthday was a good one. I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with the lights on your Halloween project but I’m sure it will be amazing when you do the final reveal.

1 Like

@kaegetbent you have been busy my friend. Thank you for the update on your kits! Pss pss to the kitties. :grin:

1 Like

you have had a very busy schedule. Happy day

1 Like

so cute nice building

1 Like

The Lego kitty is soooo cute :pleading_face: and the scale is quite realistic for it.

1 Like

Your Tuxedo Cat is gorgeous, what a wonderful gift! And your mom is gorgeous too, disassembling your Eevee for you :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Busy busy busy. Happy Birthday.

1 Like

@kaegetbent what a great birthday the lego is great ! Your build looks lovley also … i hope you can sort your lights good luck !

1 Like

You’ve built a lot of things, and they’ve had some really lovely details!

1 Like

Wow, you’ve had such a busy but fun few weeks! The Lego Tuxedo Cat is amazing, and I love all the little personal touches you added to Potion Corner, especially the real fluorite and extra greenery. The Floral Corner Booknook is looking so cute too, and it’s even sweeter knowing your sweetheart picked it out himself. I’m looking forward to hearing about that mystery Halloween project once you get the LEDs sorted!:heart:

1 Like

Wow! Sounds like you’ve been very busy … Glad you’re back and thanks for sharing an update :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’ve been really busy, I’m loving the tuxedo cat

I’ve got loads of Lego sets to work through but they are pretty much all F1 cars :sweat_smile: and I have a couple of Lego gameboys to build as well

I’m sure you’ll get your lights sorted out soon, I can’t wait to see your build

1 Like

Looks like you have been busy. I love the black and white Lego kit, reminds me of Half Asleep Chrisin YT hehehe

Excited to see your Halloween project @kaegetbent

1 Like

thank you so much, friend! appreciate you~

1 Like

oh the lights were my fault to begin with, if I was paying more attention to the combination of colors I had, I wouldn’t have had a problem to begin with lol. I just have to remember to take the kit to work so I can fix it without taking it apart :rofl::sob:

1 Like

the kitties have been pss pss-ed :grinning_cat_with_smiling_eyes:

busy is my MO, otherwise I get depressed :joy:

I doooooooo but it’s good for me (: I get too sad if I’m bored! happy day to you too!

thank you very much :blush: