🧩 NTU ADBE × Rolife — Bringing Things to Life 🧡

:orange_heart: NTU ADBE × Rolife — Bringing Things to Life

I honestly don’t think I could have asked for a better first Nottingham Trent University × Rolife collaboration. :face_holding_back_tears:

This meetup was really special to me because it brought together two parts of my life that I genuinely love, studying architecture at NTU and being part of the Robotime/Rolife community.

The whole idea was to give students the chance to step away from their usual university work, try something completely different, meet people outside their course, and just enjoy making something with their hands.

And seeing it actually happen was amazing.

:graduation_cap: A Different Kind of University Experience

I arrived hours early to set everything up, was still printing consent forms as people started arriving, and somehow the whole afternoon disappeared in what felt like minutes :joy:

One of my favourite things about this meetup was seeing the change from the beginning to the end. Some people started off quietly focused on their own kits, but as the afternoon went on, people were talking to strangers, helping each other, laughing and sharing their builds.

At one point, I assumed some participants already knew each other because of how comfortably they were talking, but when I asked, they told me they had literally just met that day. :face_holding_back_tears:

That was probably the best part of the whole event, watching a room full of students slowly turn into a little creative community.

It made me realize that “Building Things to Life” isn’t only about the things we build. It’s also about bringing people together and creating connections through something as simple as making.

:puzzle_piece: The Display Table

One of my favourite parts of the event was the display table, where I brought together a selection of finished Rolife, ROKR and Rowood builds.

It ended up being a real conversation starter. People kept coming over to look at the different models, asking questions about how they were made, how long they took to build, which kits were available and what the different brands were all about.

It was really nice seeing people who had never come across these kinds of kits before become genuinely curious just from seeing the finished builds in person. Some of the models were definitely getting a lot of attention! :eyes:

I think the table really helped show the variety of what Robotime has to offer, from miniature scenes and book nooks to mechanical builds and wooden flowers.

Someone even offered to buy my pre built kits :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:busts_in_silhouette: So Many Unexpected Turn-Ups!

One thing I definitely wasn’t expecting was how many people turned up on the day without registering beforehand! :sob:

We had a really good number of people signed up already, but then seeing even more people walking in on the day was such a nice surprise. It definitely showed me that there was a lot more interest in the meetup than I realized.

It was a little chaotic trying to make sure everyone had a kit and got settled, but honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Seeing people come in because they were curious about what was happening and then getting involved was really rewarding. :face_holding_back_tears:

For the NTU × Rolife meetup, we had a selection from the different Robotime sub-brands so people could try them out and learn the differences between Rolife, ROKR and Rowood.

:puzzle_piece: Rolife

  • Flavory Café – DG162 ×5
  • Sunset Isle Book Nook – TGB18 ×5
  • Tasty Cake Shop – DW010 ×5
  • Evergreen Pine Bonsai – TGB10 ×5
  • Sailing Ship – TG305 ×5

:gear: ROKR

  • Starry Camellia Lamp – AF01S ×5

  • Corsac M60 Justice Guard Gun – LQ401 ×5

:cherry_blossom: Rowood

  • Purple Iris – TW121
  • Purple Moth Orchid – TW091
  • Pink Tulip – TW082
  • Pink Lily – TW071
  • Pink Dahlia – TW131

:teddy_bear: BabyNanci

  • BabyNanci Fluffy Party – NCXX ×7

So the idea wasn’t just to give everyone a random kit, I deliberately had different Robotime sub-brands and different types of builds available, so students could experience the range: miniature scenes, book nooks, food/cafés, plants, vehicles/mechanical builds, ships and wooden flowers.

The tote bags were also such a lovely addition, and I really hope they become a little symbol of the community — imagine seeing several people around university carrying the same Rolife bag and knowing you’re all part of the same creative community. :eyes::orange_heart:

🎥 A Little Behind the Scenes

We also tried to get a group video together at the end, which was honestly quite funny. :sob:

Not everyone was completely sure what they were supposed to say, and when it came to saying the brand name, everyone somehow started muddling it up :joy:

With a little bit of steering and a few attempts, we eventually got there. It was one of those small moments that made the day feel even more memorable.

https://youtu.be/YXcwrgMainY

💭 Things I’d Do Differently Next Time

Looking back, there are a few small things I’d definitely change for the next meetup.

Because this event was five hours long and took place on a weekday, people naturally came and went throughout the afternoon. Some students had to leave towards the end while others joined later, so next time I think it would be a good idea to take a group photo at both the beginning and the end. That way, I can capture everyone who took part rather than trying to get everyone together at one point.

I’d also like to make more of an effort to introduce people to the Robotime Community during the meetup. Rather than just building together and leaving it there, I think it would be really nice to show people how to sign up, make their first post, share their build and actually interact with other members.
These are all small things, but I think they could make the next meetup even better and help create more of a connection between the in-person meetup and the wider Robotime Community. :orange_heart:

I also wanted to get some quick interviews with people during the meetup, but the microphone made things a little more difficult than expected. :sob: the audio wasn’t picked up as clearly as I hoped, so the interviews didn’t turn out as well as I wanted. It was definitely a learning experience though, and next time I’ll make sure the mic is tested properly beforehand and find a quieter spot for the interviews.

A huge thank you to Robotime for making this collaboration possible and for providing the kits, support and everything that helped bring the event together.:orange_heart:

And of course, a massive thank you to Nottingh Trent University ADBE and everyone who helped make the event happen, especially Liz and everyone who supported me behind the scenes.

This was my first NTU × Rolife collaboration, but I really hope it won’t be the last. :eyes:

I’ve got loads of photos, videos and little moments from the day to share, so here’s a look back at what was honestly a really special afternoon.

NTU ADBE × Rolife — bringing things to life, one build and one connection at a time. :puzzle_piece::orange_heart:

9 Likes

@Abdalaziz_Radwan fantastic recap!! Looks amazing g how so many people attended and that were interested! You did a great job on this. Congratulations

1 Like

Nice post and event. everybody look happy

1 Like

Congrats on a successful event!

1 Like

Congratulations on a very successful event! I admire you for encouraging students to have a more balanced life :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Abdalaziz_Radwan congratulations on this greet event .. such a great recap and those tote bags are fab … also such a great variety of kits :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m glad it went so well! That’s great!

1 Like

Wow! You did such a great job with taking in people who had not pre-registered. That must have been a little bit hard to do but you managed well. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time

1 Like

Great recap @Abdalaziz_Radwan congratulations on such a successful meetup! It always feels great how the community has brought people together through shared love for building :heart:

1 Like

That is such a great recap from an awesome meetup. Such a great turnout for you.

1 Like

Wow! Abdalaziz what a fantastic turn out! Great idea you had!

1 Like

Congratulations @Abdalaziz_Radwan !
I enjoyed reading your recap. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i hope it was a great moment