Dinosaur Lab Pinball Machine is Underway
I decided it was time to finally get my ROKR Dinosaur Lab pinball machine started! I actually backed the Kickstarter for this one, so I’ve been looking forward to building it. It’s definitely a much different build from the miniature houses and book nooks I usually work on, but that is part of why I wanted to give it a try.
Before I could even start building, I had to get organized. There are more than 30 bags of parts in this kit! I put little clips on the bags and wrote the corresponding letters on them, then stood all the bags up inside the box. Now I can flip through them and quickly grab the letter I need without having 30-plus bags taking over my workspace.
I made it through page 10 of the instructions before stopping for the evening. I felt pretty accomplished until I remembered that there are 59 pages!
So I really have only gotten started.
At this point I have the beginnings of the main base together and have already installed a couple of the electrical components. So far, so good! Everything has gone together well, the instructions have been easy enough to follow, and I’m actually really enjoying the build.
This is definitely one where I’m taking my time and paying close attention to the instructions. There are going to be a lot of mechanical and electrical pieces that eventually all have to work together, and I really don’t want to discover 30 pages from now that I put something in backward on page 6!
For now, page 10 of 59 is where I’m calling it. There is obviously a LOT left to build, and I’m looking forward to watching this slowly turn into a working dinosaur pinball machine.
Do you have your own system for keeping a build with this many parts organized, or would you just dive right in?

