🕹️ Whimsical Thursday #19 | Press Start on Childhood Memories

That’s so awesome! I was never any good at Donkey Kong. Centipede was my jam. That and PacMan and Space Invaders. I did enjoy the Nintendo Duck Shoot game as well. @Mark_Rudnik

1 Like

OMG! They had Woolworth’s in Australia? That is wild. I always thought that was a local thing. @Suzanne_Jones

1 Like

Now that’s some serious gaming history!

No. Back in the day we had Woolworths variety stores. Now we have Big W (variety) and Woolworths or Woolies (grocery).

1 Like

WOW! I always thought that this was seriously something that was owned by someone in little old B/CS back in the day. @Suzanne_Jones

1 Like

I thought I did better than I did.

Space invaders and Pong came out when I was in my 20’s I think. I really liked PacMan the best though as I could actually do that one. Games as a child would have to be Monopoly and Aggravation. I also played a lot of card games with my grandparents like Canasta and Pinochle

2 Likes

Loved Duck Hunt!

2 Likes

Oh no! I hate the sounds of this game. Lol

1 Like

That’s an awesome lineup of classics! I got hooked with all of those games.

2 Likes

Wow, what memories! This was the one where you shot at the ducks, right? Hahaha.

1 Like

Aggravation was THE game we played with my grandma for years and years! Happy, happy memories. :face_holding_back_tears:

I couldn’t remember the name of it. Thanks @Mark_Rudnik It was really fun

I loved Operation! Aggravation was quite fun as well. @jeanneL

1 Like

Ugh! That laughing dog, sometimes, I wanna smash him! Hahaha

Board games and card games with family always seem to stick with us the longest. :heart:

I feel like I said this already but my friends Dad, John Spinello, actually created the Operation game and sold it to MB they gave him $500. for a game that was a winner

3 Likes

THAT IS SO COOL! It seems like he got ripped off, but back then $500 was a decent amount of money.

2 Likes

Snake and tetris! I used to play it after doin my homework. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

WOW! That’s pretty cool @jeanneL

Yeah he did. You can google inventor of Operation and see the story.

1 Like