Nostalgic Corner Store

I was very interested in the theme and there were fiddly pieces that needed to be made. It did not seem like the usual Rolife fare so I thought I’d give it a try. It also brought back memories of similar stores in HK from when I was growing up.

It was a relatively good build. I enjoyed making the interior a lot, the shelves, the little bottles and things that need to be put on there. The little candy pieces that needed to be sliced were fun. They were like little eraser pieces. I kept wanting to try to use it to erase things to see if it’d work. 😂 The little packets were fun at first but by like the 6th pack I was getting kind of bored of it and there were still more to be made. 🙄 And all the wire bending for the awning was interesting 😂 but I got it done. It’s not pretty but it’s done! 🤭

One of the hardest parts were the sliding doors. There were layers and you do have to be careful otherwise parts can be broken and I think I did push too hard one of the track pieces but thankfully the wood was good quality so it only broke part way and could be glued back together with no issues. The quality of this kit was very good. All the pieces fit well, no need to sand anything. The wood was the sturdy kind. I coloured most of the edges, the ones that I didn’t do I thought they worked well because it was a wooden building and I thought it was fitting to see the marks on the wood.

The instruction manual was not as clear as I would have liked it to be. After 20 plus build I really should have known better about the wiring but to this day, it’s still my weakest area and I didn’t know I had to snake all the wires underneath the model until page 37! 😭 Had to take the front panel apart to do that. Thankfully it wasn’t too difficult. It would have been nice if it was clearly indicated earlier on in the instructions. I think I will have to start reading ahead more as a habit but I just get so overwhelmed when I see the wire drawings that I just don’t want to see it until I get there. Also often I can’t really picture where it goes until it’s actually in front of me. 🤣

I do really like it now that it’s done and it really does bring back memories of stores that I use to see as a child, especially with all the bags hanging up the hooks.

I would recommend this kit. It’s a step up from a regular book nook and very enjoyable!

2 Likes

@toro_CC thank you for the reaview it looks great it will keep in mind the sliding doors as I have this one to be done … :blush:

1 Like

This one has so many amazing details. Nice job!

1 Like

Your hard work Paid off!! It’s gorgeous
image

1 Like

Thanks for the review! I will take note of the fragile parts and the lights. I am still waiting for this kit to be delivered

1 Like

I found it was easier to remove the doors or wait to do doors, complete the build and then put the doors on.

1 Like

The doors are too cute to leave out. yes, leaving it at the end might work better too so you’re not trying to work around the doors for the later parts. Good call!

Thank for sharing. nice kit

1 Like

It helped me tremendously! What an awesome kit though!

1 Like

It’s a fantastic Japanese kit! I can’t wait for them to release more models!

1 Like