My Special Bookstore (TGB07)

I finished customizing the Shakespeare Bookstore, making it my special place. Although the red chair is usually the focus of the nook, I decided to draw attention to all the books.

Shakespeare remains the most important element because his plays have been special to me since reading my first one in high school. The store’s name is a reference to Hamlet, if you didn’t guess it already. It’s also a reference to my name, which means honeybee in Greek. (No, I’m not Greek. My parents just liked the name).

For the outside walls, I printed special papers to brighten up the color scheme. The movie posters on one wall all have links to Shakespeare plays. Can you guess them? Did you spot the two other Hamlet references inside the nook?

5 Likes

This is such a beautiful and thoughtful customization!

1 Like

Wow!!! Wonderful customization! I love it!

1 Like

This is a nice booknook. You did great

1 Like

@Melissa410 this is cool looking. Custom changes like this make me love this hobby so much. I love your emphasis on Shakespeare. I don’t know any of his plays as I just never studied or got into him. The most I did was watch the 1970’s movie of Romeo and Juliet in high school and was bored to tears lol. But that’s just me :grin: I’m glad this kit means a lot to you!! That’s all that matters.

Thank you! I have been planning these customizations for a while, just didn’t have a chance to start working on the nook until I finished some other projects. I’m sure that’s a familiar subject to others in this community!

Shakespeare is an acquired taste; it took a dedicated teacher in college to help me really appreciate the language and the psychology behind many of the plays. I still haven’t read any of the sonnets. I just enjoy watching the plays/movies. It’s amazing how many modern stories have relied on Hamlet or Romeo and Juliet to discuss young love or relationships with deceased parents.

1 Like

It looks lovely, really nice work.

1 Like

This looks wonderful, even more so knowing that it has a special place in your heart.

1 Like

Love how you’ve put so much thought into customizing this kit :blush:

1 Like

Wow, you even personalized it! It turned out really well.

1 Like

waw a amazing work !!

Well I learned a bit today too! We really did not do any Shakespeare in HS and I think I read one in College which is kind of sad. I know of him and his plays etc, but besides Romeo and Juliet and the line, Out damn spot, I am pretty clueless!

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you looking at my build.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you looking at my build. I hadn’t read MacBeth but finally saw it presented. Suddenly, all those lines, especially the “out spot” one made sense!

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you looking at my build. You’ve done so many beautiful ones.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you looking at my build. Being close to the subject made it easier and harder at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you looking at my build. Putting so much thought made it easier and harder at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you looking at my project, especially from such an experienced crafter as yourself.

1 Like

your messag is so adorable

@Melissa410 your personel touches look great … :blush: