[Happiness]Tiny Breaks Between Miniature Builds

I couldn’t resist picking these up a few days ago because they seemed perfect for those moments when I want to craft, but I don’t have enough time to start a full miniature project… and mostly because they’re not expensive at all.

I think these mini bricks are just the right size for those moments when I want to build something but don’t quite have the time (or energy) to start a full miniature kit.

I like to think of them as my “in-between builds.” They satisfy the urge to do something while my next big project waits its turn.

This is what I have so far. The five on top were built two Christmases ago. It was a game I set up for my 2 grown up kids - whoever builds fastest wins, and the 3 on the lowest rack were built by me.

Of course, they’re a completely different experience from building wooden miniature kits, but that’s what makes them fun. Sometimes it’s nice to switch things up with a quick, bite-sized project before diving back into tiny furniture, wallpaper, and all those wonderful little details. :house_with_garden::sparkles:

Does anyone else have a go-to “in-between” hobby or mini project when you’re not quite ready to start your next big kit? :blush:

7 Likes

@Gidge nice those are darn cute!! I enjoy doing other mediums in between. I do other materials like the foam board 3d kits or work on dioramas to change things up.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful. I would like to try my hand at dioramas in the future.

1 Like

It’s so fun and challenging as you have to create from nothing! But the results are so fulfilling! The good thing is it came be small or extra extra large lol In whatever medium you want to use.

2 Likes

I’ve never been much of a Lego fan but these are kind of cute.

1 Like

Right? They’re surprisingly cute, and a lot more affordable than Lego. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I don’t buy Lego very often, or there wouldn’t be any budget left for miniature kits. :joy:

That’s a nice addition to the group.

1 Like

Nice building. It looks tiny

I love the idea of calling them “in-between builds!” They look like the perfect little projects when you’re short on time but still want that satisfying feeling of creating something. My go-to is usually a Super Creator room or another small miniature kit, but these mini bricks seem like a fun way to keep the creativity flowing between bigger builds. Happy building, and I can’t wait to see your collection keep growing!

@Gidge there great such fun to do in between builds ! I do my mini brands hun or scrapbooking with memories of trips and my grandchildren x​:blush::blossom::orange_heart::blossom::orange_heart:

1 Like

They are all adorable

They’re all adorable! They look fun to build.

These are so cute! I like to do jigsaw puzzles every once in a while to switch things up.

I have done a few Lego style kits and it’s just so fun. It’s nice to fit in between wooden build

Nice! I have a couple of mini brands, too :slightly_smiling_face:

Sometimes these smaller projects are perfect for those moments when you want to create something but aren’t ready for a bigger build yet. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

They are great. I have a few minibrick sets to build. And you’re right; they are quite inexpensive.

1 Like

@Gidge i have to many im over run lol ! But its te excitment of seeing whats inside ! :rofl::rofl::cherry_blossom::blossom::cherry_blossom::blossom:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing them finished!

1 Like

A true builder ka tlga! I’m not really a fan of Lego but I would agree that they are too cute!

1 Like