After two months of building, the Gear Ball Challenge is finally finished. The final stage didn’t go smoothly. I discovered I had forgotten to install a gear at the very beginning, which prevented the front section from rotating. Fortunately i was able to remove the track plate in one piece, so I didn’t have to take the whole thing apart. A few parts broke along the way too, but luckily I was able to glue them back together without it being too noticeable. I’m happy with the end result ![]()
Congratulations on finally finishing it! Two months is a long journey, and it sounds like that final stage really put you through the test. I’m glad you managed to fix the missing gear and broken pieces without having to take everything apart. The finished Gear Ball looks fantastic! Congratulations!![]()
That turned out good! What a journey that was! Two months is a while for a kit. But you did great!
I don’t have a lot of time to build each day, so it often takes me a bit longer to finish. The neon colors didn’t provide good coverage, so I had to apply at least three coats ![]()
Thank you @Grey74
The painting work took a lot of time this time ![]()
I completely understand, especially when you only have a little time each day to build. Three coats of neon paint sounds like a lot of patience, but I’m sure the extra coats made the colors really pop in the end!![]()
Another beautiful job! Your color scheme is awesome! I had to back track once as well because I had installed on of my side pieces upside down. In the end, I still left off the little silicone bands that go around those to side end pieces that turn.
I understand that!! Trying to figure out a color scheme that makes you happy is hard!
I used AI to get some inspiration ![]()
Thank you @Nita_Davis I still don’t get how I could have forgotten a part
usually I double check the step before moving on.
Hey, it happens to the best of us…at one time or another. ![]()
Looks awesome! I love the colors! Congrats on completing this kit!
wow, that is so beautiful @Liset . Absolutely love the colour theme. it looks amazing.
wow. so amazing with lovely colors
This looks pretty cool! Congratulations on completing it ![]()
Wow, this looks amazing! The colours are brilliant, the hard work painting definitely shows. It’s excellent, well done!
Beautiful!! Two months of building and you finally made it to the finish line!
I love your colour choices. This looks fantastic.



