Sushi Hut — The Maker’s Log #1: The Unboxing

After work today, curiosity got the better of me. :joy:

I decided to finally open up my next build — Sushi Hut! :sushi::red_paper_lantern:

The box took a bit of a beating during shipping, but this was actually the first time I really peeked inside. Good thing everything seems to be in good condition. Paper and acrylic sheets are flat, no broken wood pieces, because it’s a bit too late for me to complain :sweat_smile: But I haven’t really checked everything.

I have to admit, I didn’t realize just how much of this kit is actually DIY!

There’s a paper template that I’ll need to use to cut out some of the parts, along with acrylic sheets, fabric, and all sorts of little materials that I’ll apparently have to turn into the finished details myself. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a template like this in a miniature kit, so I’m thinking this one might take me a little longer than expected.

There’s also this little bundle of “moss” that was just tossed in with the rest of the plants. :joy: I’ll have to shake it out somewhere safe because I have absolutely no idea how much I’m going to need, and I definitely don’t want to lose half of it before I even start!

Then there’s the battery pack with part of the label that has been rubbed off.

There’s also a bag full of beads. I hope I don’t lose any of them, especially those tiny red ones!

And then there are some unexpected extras — pink scissors, a real ruler, and metal tweezers.

Overall, I’m definitely excited to get started. I just need to clear up my workstation first so I can actually have enough space to work on all these DIY bits.

The only problem? I still have a LOT of work to finish before the end of the month. :sob:

So… Sushi Hut may have to wait just a few days longer.

But at least now I know what I’m getting myself into. :sweat_smile: :sushi:

4 Likes

It is sometimes mind-blowing when you open a new kit to find that there is so much more work to it than you bargained for. It will come in due time.

2 Likes

@Gidge wow that seems intense. But I do love the full diy kits like this.

1 Like

Thanks, @Nita_Davis I’m really excited to start this. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do, too. But I tend to rush things sometimes. I hope I’ll be patient enough to see this through :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sushi Hut looks like it’s going to be such a fun build! I didn’t realize how many DIY details were involved either, so I can see why you’re expecting it to take a little longer. At least you’ve had a chance to see what you’re getting into now, and those tiny red beads are definitely going to need a safe place before you start! :heart:

1 Like

Yup! Looking forward to building this. Thanks @MamaNheza

1 Like

@Gidge use a little tub for your beads hun … i hope it all goes well after you finished your prohects your working on now :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Jo1 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Happy builkding! @Gidge :heart:

1 Like

I haven’t seen this one. It looks pretty cool!

1 Like

Thank you @Kim_Kieffer. I like making Japanese food stands so I couldn’t resist buying this when I saw it :slightly_smiling_face:

@Gidge your welcome i just keep everything in little tubs as im terrible for loseing stuff lol :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy:

That is what I love about rolife boxes. They are so sturdy and can be reused as well. Have fun with this one!

1 Like

This one seems like a very nice kit. Enjoy building

1 Like

Haha, curiosity always wins when there’s a new kit waiting to be opened!

1 Like

That’s a great kit. thank for share

1 Like

thanks for the sharing and good luck