Rowood Red Rose flower kit done!

I got this at the same time as the Dream Coffee Factory, so my order would be big enough to get free shipping; I decided to put it together while I’m waiting on the craft glue I ordered for building the Magic Study. I enjoyed building it much more than I expected! Seeing the rose take shape one layer of petals at a time was really fun, and I thought the build was very well designed. Little details like the ladybug on the leaf made me smile. I thought it was hard to see the engraved details so I used a pen to make a bigger contrast. I also colored the little paper butterfly and bee with colored pencils and crayons. I love that the kit also comes with extra stem parts so you can make it into a long-stemmed rose to put in a regular vase, maybe with other Rowood flowers? I’m looking forward to trying other Rowood kits now.

6 Likes

I forgot to say one of the other things I liked about this kit is that it gives you one extra of each type of petal–you only need five but there’s six of each. I didn’t end up breaking anything which felt good, but it helped the build feel relaxing and non-stressful knowing that if I broke one it was okay because there was spares.

2 Likes

@Jessica_Belmont
image

2 Likes

This is a cute and neat flower. And nice to know that there are extra petals

1 Like

I loved that too. :heart:

1 Like

This sounds like such a fun little project! I love that the rose takes shape petal by petal, and those tiny details like the ladybug make it even more charming. Using a pen to bring out the engraved details was such a clever idea, and adding color to the butterfly and bee makes it feel even more personal. I can definitely see why you’re excited to try more Rowood kits! :heart:

1 Like

So beautiful. Thank for sharing

1 Like

Io ho fatto il giglio. È molto bello.

I have that feeling too. Less pressured when you know that you have a spare part on the side just in case you break something :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Jessica_Belmont I made this for my mum it is very pretty :blush:

1 Like

Very nice! I love all of the flowers as well.

1 Like

This looks lovely. You have done a great job.

1 Like

One thing i don’t like about this is that … it’s very hard to stop at just ONE :sweat_smile: it’s such a pretty flower. Nicely done :blush:

2 Likes

Un joli montage…très bien réalisé. :wink:

It turned out beautifully; I love the bee!

1 Like

This rose is so beautiful! I especially love the little bee on it. It’s so chubby and cute! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your Red Rose turned out so lovely, @Jessica_Belmont. Highlighting the engraved details and adding custom colors to the paper bee and butterfly was such a smart touch! It really brings out all the fine details.

1 Like

so cute ! i love the bee

1 Like

That’s a beautiful flower build! I never noticed that there was a ladybug on the leaf.

1 Like

The red rose is so lovely :heart: once you start one of these Rowood flowers, you will be wanting more :joy:

1 Like