Markham Workshop build finished!

Finally finished the Coffee Truck!

This is such a cute little kit, and I really like how it looks now that it’s all put together. The theme is fun, there are lots of little details which really makes the whole thing pop.

This build also confirmed something I’ve been realizing about myself lately — I’m very much a mood builder. :joy: If I have another model sitting there that I’m more excited about, I get very easily distracted and start bouncing back and forth between builds. In this case, my Fairyland house kept calling me, so the poor Coffee Truck took much longer than it probably should have.

Because I stretched the build out for so long, I think I misplaced one of the pieces that helps support the roof when it’s open. It still works though so that’s good. The roof was probably the trickiest part for me — it felt quite top-heavy, and I had trouble getting the hinge to stay exactly where I wanted it. But that could very well be user error. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Either way, I’m happy to have it finished and sitting on the shelf. And once it is lit up it does look very cozy and inviting. I have the new convenience store waiting in the wings and I also have Sunset Isle on the way. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you again to @Kycso for hosting the workshop so I got to try something new!

8 Likes

I am not so much a mood builder, but if I am getting towards the end of a build, I have to stop myself from rushing with the anticipation of starting the next one.

You’re not alone with the roof. It was a little bit of a pain for me too, although the 2 front windows were more of a pain continually popping out anytime I had to do something to the roof, and I ended up gluing them.

Your build looks great, and you would not even notice that 1 strut is missing unless you were specifically looking for it. Great job.

1 Like

@toro_CC hey this turned out fantastic!!

1 Like

@toro_CC it looks fantastic! Such a nice kit !

1 Like

You did an amazing job! Do you have your next build already planned out?

1 Like

Thank you. I was getting a bit frustrated at the end when I couldn’t find the strut! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m still in the middle of my Fairyland house so not yet. I don’t really really like to have 2 builds on the go unless I am really burnt out on one.

I am also in the middle of Fairyland. Just about to finish the central support structure that rises out of the pond. Where are you up to?

1 Like

Looks great! Are you doing the ice cream truck, too?

1 Like

That looks fabulous. I am very much a mood creator. Sometimes I will out my builds aside to do something else!!

1 Like

I can totally understand that. I am the same way.

1 Like

I just cut up all the grass pads this afternoon. So I will be starting on the central support structure next. Kind of nervous, haven’t worked this type of build before. I did the Ginzan Onsen earlier this summer but I think this will be harder.

1 Like

LOL..no, I think I’m done with food trucks. I think I will finish off my fairyland house and then start on my first ever phoenix crown fridge magnet metal model.

1 Like

I just finished the central support and attached the top and the additional lighting. I am currently working on the waterfalls and they are a nightmare.

Be very careful curring them out. even using tape to attach the templates to the river texture sheet, they slid slightly and the tabs that go into the sides of the acrylic for the waterfall are out of alighment. I ended up cutting the tabs fluch and gluing the water texture to the waterfall sides.

One other thing, I hope you were not being thorough and glued the house platform and front platform all the way to the edges that run along the river. I did and I just found that the water texture does not sit between them, but needs to be slid under them a little way. I dont know if it was just me doind something out of alignment, or if it is by design, but thought I would mention. I had to get a knife and carefully prise up the edges of both platforms to break my glues bond so I could slide them into place.

Fingers crossed you don’t have this problem.

1 Like

Thank for share . Nice kit

1 Like

Awesome build! I love this one! Congrats for completing this kit! You did an amazing job!

1 Like

Congratulations :partying_face: @toro_CC thanks for sharing your built.

U finished this even u were called by your fairyland and other projects lol

This is a beautiful kit , I saw it n definitely in love with it. I haven’t built it yet though, it is in my piles

U should consider to pair it with the ice cream truck.. that one dun have top, maybe a more smooth journey :smiling_face:

1 Like

Yikes, thank you so much for the tips. I am definitely going to be taping the templates. And I did glue the platforms all the way to the edge! :woman_facepalming:t2: But I used Aleen’s tacky glue so it’s relatively easy to pry off. Can’t wait to see your finished house!!

1 Like

Congratulations on finishing your Coffee Truck!

1 Like

Glad I could help. I look forward to seeing yours too.

1 Like