World Challenge Update #4

I woke this morning to heavy rain on the roof and rumbles of thunder, with no desire to get out of bed, until my phone started pinging with the family chat. My husband and his siblings were comparing rainfall totals. Since he was at work, and I wasn’t, it fell to me to check the rain gauge when the first storm passed over. sigh

Our dog is very uncertain about storms and retreated into a self created storm shelter at the first rumble ha ha

I decided to spend the day working on my challenge build. It’s been a busy time changing out items, building walls, building an old stove out of paper, painting, and doing my own wiring ( although I’m not sure if I’ve done it right yet). I’m going to have to work out where to put the battery box because I’m building out around edge of the house to create an Autumn diorama.

Although I feel guilty for spending the day creating rather than doing housework, I’m pleased with my progress so far.

11 Likes

Thank for sharing your progress.

1 Like

@Suzanne_Jones housework will always need to be done lol … so crafting for a day will be nice your dog is lovley … mine never liked thunderstorms either :confused: or :smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh my! He must be scared. I remember my dog too being scared and would snuggle with me. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I had a feeling this was your post before I went into it cause of the dackie. I always choose crafting over housework :joy:

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

1 Like

I did the same thing… spent the entire day crafting my tiny sushis for the sushi hut … should I feel guilty, too? :rofl: oh well, i guess i’ll have to catch up with reviewing some stuff for work before going to bed :grin: btw, your dog is sooooo cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like


Ciao, this Is my dog. :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Haha. My dog scared of storm as well. She would hide and shaking.

1 Like

My dog would hide between our legs. (90 lb - 40.8 kg shepherd) or she would go in the shower.

I am headed back home for a few days and will work on mine for a bit.

1 Like

@Suzanne_Jones ahh when the family subject is the weather instead of world events or political discussions. its pretty awesome really lol.

1 Like

Oh, the precious dog :pleading_face:. My boy was always scared of thunder, too :sob:.

Time spent creating is time well spent, though. Well done on making some good progress.

1 Like

Gotta love a good thunderstorm. Wel…most everyone does. Poor puppy.

1 Like

@Mirella_Fabio awww how adorable :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh, the poor thing; he must be having a hard time.

1 Like

Awww I hope your dog is ok, he must have picked up his fort building skills from watching you make all your miniatures

Sounds like you made great progress on your build

1 Like

Thanks so much for commenting Nicole.

That’s true. Housework will always be there.

2 Likes

She’s a bit of a sook sometimes. But she snuggles as well. If her mumma was home, she’d be under the covers beside herself.

1 Like

That’s true. The housework will always wait.

1 Like

I’m going to work on it again this afternoon.

1 Like