Steam Journey done!

I am all done! As I said, I painted most of the edges. Some I covered with a few coats and some just one to keep with a bit of a rustic, rugged look. The build itself was not bad. I did have a little crack in 2 pieces. I was able to fix with glue. Both were from the E board which was very thin. This seems to be an pattern with the black boards.

I also found that fits were pretty tight so I just reverted to my favorite mantra, “Sand and/or wax as needed” Almost every tab was waxed. I have taken so many pics throughout that I only really needed one for this! End product and happy with build!

Click on pic to enlarge and better see.

10 Likes

@jeanneL you did beautifully. The edge work really makes this so much better. It’s impressive and I hope you’re proud of it.

1 Like

It turned out amazing. When will you be gifting this to your friend? Does he know that you have done this…or will it be a surprise?

1 Like

you did beautifully. It is impressive

1 Like

It turned out beautifully! I really like how you balanced the painted edges between the more finished areas and the lightly painted ones, it gives the build that lovely rustic, lived-in look. And “sand and/or wax as needed” is such a perfect mantra for these builds! So glad you were able to fix those cracks and finish it feeling happy with the result. Congratulations! :heart:

1 Like

What a beautiful job! My teenagegrandson started this kit when he was here last time so I have this tiny little partially built platform just waiting for him lol

1 Like

@jeanneL it looks amazing I enlarged the picture and everything looks fantastic hun ! Painting most of the edges was worth it …

1 Like

wow! beautiful work @jeanneL :star_struck: absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

this is truly beautiful! I wish I had purchased this one when it was on sale at Vinted.

i love ! the colors are pretty

It turned out beautifully! I love the gold part.

This looks beautiful @jeanneL Your friend is really lucky to get this from you :heart:

Thanks! i am very happy how it came out!

1 Like

I am - very proud! This was a needed build after my Seahorse debacle!

2 Likes

It is actually my Son’s friend who did gravel work for us. My son will gift it to him. He wants to surprise him so trying to do either tonight or tomorrow. He has no clue I did this.

And thank you! I am really pleased with it!

2 Likes

I think so too Nicole! I am happy I did this.

1 Like

I got a tad worried with the one but it turned out just fine. So glad! and thank you

2 Likes

Well encourage him to finish. I think he would be happy with outcome!

1 Like

Thank you for that! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Watch again as I think I got from Amazon? I cannot remember now. LOL

2 Likes